Xtreme Honor Wrestling

New to the site? Like what you see? Register today and Sign Your Contract with us! You won't regret it! Let's make history.

NOW RECRUITING! JOIN US TODAY!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
CLICK "PORTAL" TO GO TO THE MAIN SITE!
Top posting users this week
Latest topics
» debut of Kyle Ohio
by Kyle Ohio Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 pm

» last chance
by Ezekiel Fenix Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 pm

» Revelation
by Sapphire Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 pm

» Hypnotized by serpent's eyes
by Angelica Vaughn Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:44 pm

» Truth of the matter
by Blaze Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Upcoming Schedule

6/3/17 FALLOUT

Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut

6/10/17 FALLOUT

Kay Yeager Coliseum in Wichita Falls, Texas

6/18/17 BROKEN CREED

Dee Events Center in Ogden, Utah

XHW Twitter Feed
Affiliates
SKYFIRE WrestlingEHWFEWC360 WrestlingWWE17
Affiliate with us!
Xtreme Honor Wrestling

Share | 

A Relapse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sapphire

PostSubject: A Relapse    Fri May 26, 2017 9:35 pm

May 21st, 2017
Asheville, North Carolina
11:49 PM Local Time

“That did not go as expected...”

Sapphire is staggering out of the Asheville Civic Center towards the parking lot. Her arms are wrapped around her stomach as she leaves the building, but instead of lurching towards her car, she lunges and plants her hands on the roof of a 2016 Ford Fusion.

On the other side of that Fusion is Kim, dressed in a slinky halter top and hip-hugging slacks. She comes around the car quickly, putting her hands on Sapphire’s shoulders as though she could move the woman if she didn’t want to go.

“Evidently not,” Kim replies, some concern in her voice. “I mean, I saw it, but...” Kim pauses, looking over the bruised, battered form of her friend. “Are you sure you’re alright?”

Sapphire pushes herself off the car to stand up straight. Her teeth are clenched and her jaw is set, showing the pain she’s in, but she nods anyway. “Trainer let me go, said there’s no internal damage. What you see is what I got.”

Kim looks her over again. What she sees is what she got? Well she sees plenty of bruising on her shoulders and back. There’s also plenty of scrapes on her back from where she kept meeting the steel mesh, especially the piece that fell through.

“Even so, I don’t trust you to drive. Get in.”

Sapphire rolls her eyes as she jerks her door open. “Did you think I lurched into it ‘cause I wanted...?” she’s muttering to herself as she follows Kim’s direction. Kim gets into the other side of the car and turns the key in the ignition. She pauses a moment, then looks at Sapphire with a wry smile.

“I guess the post-show celebration isn’t gonna’ happen?”

Sapphire laughs, then coughs and groans as she holds her stomach. After she’s recomposed herself, she shakes her head. “No, it sure won’t.”

Kim nods. She seems a little despondant about having gotten all dressed up for nothing. “I understand,” she says quietly as she shifts into gear and pulls out of the parking lot.

May 22nd, 2017
Seattle, Washington
10:47 PM Local Time

“Are you sure you’re going to be alright?”

Sapphire, now dressed in casual attire of a snug-fitting halter tank and snug jeans that on-lookers wouldn’t be able to say with any confidence tat they aren’t those fake jeans sweatpants, smiles at Kim, who is in a dress shirt and proper slacks. It’s not as pained as the last one, but there are still hints of a groan in her voice.

“Of course. What kind of trouble could I possibly get into between the airport and my apartment?”

Kim’s smile vanishes as she just kind of looks at Sapphire. Her facade cracks a bit as she chuckles.

“Okay, I could find some if I wanted, but I won’t. I’ll see you at the gym in the morning.”

“And tomorrow night?”

Sapphire shrugs. “I haven’t decided what we’ll do, but we’ll do something. We’ll talk about it tomorrow.”

Kim nods and walks away, heading out of the lobby, leaving Sapphire alone inside the lobby. She waits until she sees Kim’s Fusion pull out, then shakes her head as she pulls out her phone and calls somebody.

“Hey, Tommy.”

“Oh hey, sweet cheeks--”

“Call me that again and the deal is off. Both of them.”

She hears a pause as Tommy recomposes himself. She can almost hear him straighten his jacket. “Very well. I saw the show last night. You still okay for tonight?”

Sapphire stares out the window of the airport’s lobby, making sure Kim hasn’t come back. After a moment, she smiles sadly. “I’ll be there.”

May 23rd, 2017
Seattle, Washington
12:06 AM Local Time

Sapphire stares at a site that she’s seen more than once, the tree-ringed Duck Island. She stares at the trees, her eyes narrowed, until she hears someone walk up behind her.

“Thank you for coming,” Tommy Buckner says as he comes around in front of her. Sapphire raises an eyebrow, hearing a surprising amount of sincerity in his voice.

“You must be really fucked if you’re asking me to come back.”

Tommy sighs, and though the park is under a shroud of darkness, she thinks she can see his shoulders sag. “What can I say? When you deal with the dregs of society, it’s hard to find good help.”

Sapphire responds with silence. After a moment, Tommy continues unbidden.

“You know how it is, how hard it is to get out. But the boys have been getting bored lately. I’ve got a few veterans, but nobody really flashy or famous outside of the fighting circle, so nobody’s really holding their attention.”

Sapphire sighs, pinching her nose to fight off a headache. “Look, I’ve already agreed to tonight, but this can’t be a normal thing. I’m already fighting once a week, and when the Redemption invitational happens I’ll be fighting twice in a weekend some weeks.”

Tommy nods. “Of course. I’d never want to jeopardize--”

Sapphire puts her large hand over Tommy’s face to shut him up. “The fact that you run this ring proves you a liar, no matter what the rest of that sentence was going to be.”

It is an awkward silence as a few more people filter in, then get carted out to the island.

May 23rd, 2017
Seattle, Washington
12:59 AM Local Time

“We’ve seen some impressive fights so far tonight,” Tommy says, confidence seemingly returned to his voice, as he speaks into a microphone that doesn’t amplify his voice. “But I think I know what everybody’s been waiting on.”

“Yeah.”

A man walks into the center of the ring of fighters, and Sapphire raises her eyebrows. He’s gotten older, and time certainly hasn’t been kind to him, with his blond hair thinning and his nose slanted in more than one place and crow’s feet and a few wrinkles visible even in the shitty light of this clandestine arena, Sapphire recognizes him instantly as William Davidson looks out at the assembled crowd.

“I want a real challenge now. Don’t tell me that none of you are willing to give me the fight I want.”

“I think there’s someone out there that is plenty willing to do that for you, Bill.”

The crowd parts, looking for the party in question, and a gasp goes up as they realize who it is that’s stepped forward. It’s William’s turn to raise his eyebrows as he sees Sapphire, cracking her knuckles and cracking her neck, despite being bruised from her match at Hell From Above.

“Hello again, William.”

“Never thought I’d see you here, what with you being a big shot now.”

Sapphire smirks. “I can sense the sarcasm, but it’s alright. I’ll always be a bigger shot than you.”

William responds by charging towards Sapphire with a cry. Sapphire sets herself to catch him.

May 23rd, 2017
Seattle, Washington
8:49 PM Local Time

“Sorry it’s taken so long to get you out of his hair.”

Sapphire and Kim are sitting across a table from each other in a modest sitdown restaurant.

“It’s alright, I know you’re a busy lady now,” Kim replies, twirling a straw in her drink. “Are you going to be ready for Saturday?”

Sapphire smirks. “Trios match, which I did well in last time, and in my neck of the woods? Yeah, I’m feeling pretty good.”

Kim narrows her eyes a bit and pulls the straw out, pointing at Sapphire with it. “Then why do you look so tired?”

Sapphire raises an eyebrow. She does have a bit of a bag going under her eyes, and that’s to say nothing of the cuts she has above them. She waves it off. “Training hard to make sure I don’t get embarrassed like that again. I should have been right at home in that cage, but watching it back, I look completely green.”

“I mean...as far as wrestling goes, you were.”

Sapphire clenches a bruised and cut up fist at her side. “That’s not the point. I know I’m not a newb at fighting. I just have to make everybody else see that.”

Kim nods a bit. “Well, you’ll have plenty of chances coming up, so save your strength for those, alright?”

Sapphire and Kim just look at each other for a long moment. After about a minute, Sapphire takes a deep breath, forces a smile on her lips, and says “Well, do you know what you’re having?”

Not much to say about Hell From Above that hasn’t already been said. I lost, definitively, and congratulations to the new champion. If she thinks she’s done with me, she’s mistaken, but I will let her have her moment with Co--I mean, I guess she has to watch out for Angelica now. That’ll be an interesting fight.

I guess that makes my match technically the main event, and there are plenty of tough people in this match, but the main one I want to talk about is myself. I could comment on everyone’s failures, bar one, at the free-per-view, but the point is that with so many people in so few matches, the majority were bound to fail. The only thing that matters is what we’re going to do about it moving forward.

What I’m going to do moving forward is the same thing I’ve been doing. Train hard, hit like a truck, and let anyone across the ring from me know ahead of time what my intentions are, which are to stand and fight and hit them like a truck. Nothing fancy, nothing complicated, nothing to misinterpret.

So I’ll see everybody in Everett on Saturday. I hope you’re prepared.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A Relapse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Xtreme Honor Wrestling :: Saturday Night Fallout :: Roleplays/Promos-
Jump to: