Xtreme Honor Wrestling

New to the site? Like what you see? Register today and Sign Your Contract with us! You won't regret it! Let's make history.

NOW RECRUITING! JOIN US TODAY!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
CLICK "PORTAL" TO GO TO THE MAIN SITE!
Top posting users this week
Latest topics
» debut of Kyle Ohio
by Kyle Ohio Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 pm

» last chance
by Ezekiel Fenix Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 pm

» Revelation
by Sapphire Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 pm

» Hypnotized by serpent's eyes
by Angelica Vaughn Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:44 pm

» Truth of the matter
by Blaze Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Upcoming Schedule

6/3/17 FALLOUT

Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut

6/10/17 FALLOUT

Kay Yeager Coliseum in Wichita Falls, Texas

6/18/17 BROKEN CREED

Dee Events Center in Ogden, Utah

XHW Twitter Feed
Affiliates
SKYFIRE WrestlingEHWFEWC360 WrestlingWWE17
Affiliate with us!
Xtreme Honor Wrestling

Share | 

Feedback on my RP's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buffy Roxxon

PostSubject: Feedback on my RP's   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:40 am

Everyone has their own way of doing OOC feedback for RP's and that is cool. I do ask for my RP's that people do not respond OOC IN THREAD with feedback and typically only when I ask for it. I will label my RP's with "No OOC feedback please" as well. Sorry, I have a bit of PTSD with this critiquing method as I once joined a fed that used this method and was immediately bombarded with not-so constructive criticism about how amateur my writing was, how my character was masturbation, and how horrible my narrative structure was (something that is NOT and should NOT be universal.) It was piled on by everybody and got EXTREMELY negative ...almost abusive. Therefore, if we are applying that kind of feedback system, I would like to abstain from it. I'm not going to tell you how to be you, but I don't want any part of that for personal reasons.

I get the sentiment; you are trying to help people get better, but there are people who don't typically RP to become a better writer or even win all the time and just like the interactivity. I gave up on my dreams of being a writer long ago and am just striving to have fun. Personally, no matter how positive, getting publicly critiqued every RP is not fun for me. That is going to be my personal preference and I ask that it be respected.

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 am

No worries, I understand completely. I'll respect your wishes. I just like talking about it, and I usually feel like OOC comments help motivate people (as it also does for me). But if you feel otherwise, then I will definitely take that into account.

I appreciate you putting this out there, so as to avoid any confusion later on. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Steele
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:03 am

Just to be clear, if someone was to PM you feedback or something, that still not okay? Tryna make sure so we can all respect your wishes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xhwrestling16.forumotion.com
Buffy Roxxon

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:11 am

To me, my feedback is the result of the match. If I win, I know I am on the right path. If I lose, I need to evaluate how I am writing and find my own solution to it ...and I find that figuring that solution on my own works better than it being pointed out to me. That is half the fun of writing. So typically, I'd prefer to be left to my own devices and my own observation and creativity ...but if I like violate a rule or super offend someone or get some piece of information wrong on my opponents or a fed, yeah, go ahead and drop me a line and let me know.

This is only for RP's. When it comes to GFX and videos, I'm still learning and figuring things out so any advice or tips do help in that regard.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:15 am

Completely understand and will respect that. Although, one note. Even if someone was to lose a match, doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong with their writing. Could just be the other maybe had the upper hand, or something storyline related happened, you know all those things. So if you do have any question or concern, or anyone for that matter, definitely come to me first about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xhwrestling16.forumotion.com
Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:12 pm

I won't lie, when I got the e-mail notification that someone had responded to my thread, I was a bit concerned. I also am not used to that, as RP feedback is usually only given in a dedicated thread or privately, and even then getting it could be like pulling teeth.

I appreciate it, though, and while I generally stick to the mindset Buffy said of letting the results be my guide, I won't refuse feedback if you want to give it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Angelica Vaughn

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:30 pm

Sure, I can understand that. I just come from a place where any and all feedback is always appreciated and even encouraged, so that's why it never even occurred to me that some people might not like it. Like I said in my intro thread, this is my first time really venturing a bit further into the eFed world.
But letting results be your guide is also a good way of looking at things I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashley Williams

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 pm

I never get feedback 'cos I'm rubbish, so I don't ask LOL.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
WulfErikson

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:14 am

Firstly, @Ashley: You're sooo full of it Razz

Secondly, while some may find OOC feedback useful, it isn't for everybody and that's totally fine! Personally, I am open to any ideas or constructive criticism, it's cool to know when people are enjoying what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashley Williams

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:48 am

WulfErikson wrote:
Firstly, @Ashley: You're sooo full of it Razz

Secondly, while some may find OOC feedback useful, it isn't for everybody and that's totally fine! Personally, I am open to any ideas or constructive criticism, it's cool to know when people are enjoying what I'm doing.

So full of devilish charm and endless wit? I know right.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feedback on my RP's   

Back to top Go down

Feedback on my RP's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1