Xtreme Honor Wrestling

New to the site? Like what you see? Register today and Sign Your Contract with us! You won't regret it! Let's make history.

NOW RECRUITING! JOIN US TODAY!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
CLICK "PORTAL" TO GO TO THE MAIN SITE!
Top posting users this week
Latest topics
» debut of Kyle Ohio
by Kyle Ohio Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:28 pm

» last chance
by Ezekiel Fenix Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 pm

» Revelation
by Sapphire Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:59 pm

» Hypnotized by serpent's eyes
by Angelica Vaughn Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:44 pm

» Truth of the matter
by Blaze Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Upcoming Schedule

6/3/17 FALLOUT

Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut

6/10/17 FALLOUT

Kay Yeager Coliseum in Wichita Falls, Texas

6/18/17 BROKEN CREED

Dee Events Center in Ogden, Utah

XHW Twitter Feed
Affiliates
SKYFIRE WrestlingEHWFEWC360 WrestlingWWE17
Affiliate with us!
Xtreme Honor Wrestling

Share | 

Fresh Start

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sapphire

PostSubject: Fresh Start   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:38 pm

April 21st, 2017
Orlando, Florida
3:45 PM Local Time

Sapphire has flown from Seattle to Orlando for the show, but she’s gotten there the day before so she can participate in some promotional events for the debut of Xtreme Honor Wrestling. Contrary to what she may have lead the world to believe on twitter, she did not wear that short dress the whole time. She did wear it as part of a meet-and-greet with the press and some wrestling fans that have signed up for what Jacob Steele promises to deliver, but for the majority of her time with XHW officials, she is wearing her regular clothes.

Though, for her, regular clothes are a tank top with a sports bra underneath it and yoga pants, so it’s not like much is being left to the imagination.

Unless that imagination is Angelica Vaughn’s, that is. But I digress.

What she spent most of her day doing was consulting with XHW people about how to handle promoting her match specifically. being a complete unknown before a few days ago, all they knew was that she was a big lady.

Though they didn’t really get how big until they met her in person.

“Wow,” one of the consultants had said. Sapphire was pretty sure her name was Sharon. “As soon as you walked in, I wondered how anybody in their right minds would be brave enough to pick on you.”

Sapphire frowned at that. “You’ve Googled me, I see.”

“Well, it is part of my job,” Sharon replied sheepishly. “It’s easier for us to know who we’ve signed and where they’re going if we have an idea of where they’ve been.”

Sapphire nods, the dour expression still on her face. “I see. Well since you know where I’ve been, where do you think I’m going?”

Sharon falters, unable to respond, but another person, a young man barely 20 years old, pipes up “Well Angelica’s been using Pokemon words at you, why not play with that?”

Almost as soon as he’d started speaking, the other XHW runners groaned and shook their heads. “Come on, Charlie, we’ve been over this...” As they grumble and glare at the kid, Sapphire reaches into her gym bag. To everyone’s surprise, she pulls out a 3DS XL in a nice shade of medium blue.

Sapphire blue, perhaps.

“What is that?” Sharon asked as soon as her attention had returned to Sapphire.

“A 3DS,” Sapphire responds with a wry smile. “Pokemon and me has been a thing for a while.”

“Really?” Charlie says, a hopeful tone in his voice.

“I was eleven when generation three came out, and my father’s name is Steven Stone.”

“That’s not true, is it?” one of the other consultants asks, but Sharon quickly nods in dismay.

“So you’re going to acknowledge that in your promo?” Charlie asks, though with the tone of voice he chose, perhaps “pleads” would be more accurate. Either way, Sapphire laughs.

“Not this week, kid. There’s other shit to talk about.”

“Like what?”

April 21st, 2017
Orlando, Florida
8:19 PM Local Time

Still dressed in a tanktop and yoga pants that reveal her full Machamp-ness to the world, Sapphire has found herself in a filming set in XHW’s headquarters. It’s a humble studio, just a room with a camera and a wall to point it at, with your choice of a green screen, a black and green gradient background, or a big XHW logo on a banner to stand in front of.

For Sapphire, they’ve stood her in front of the green screen, but for the video the background will be blue to match her name. Not very sophisticated, but they figure they can figure out more after Sapphire has had a bit of screen time and showed the world who she is more.

“This is the first time I’ve willingly stood in front of a camera in about seven years. If you’re watching this from Seattle, you might know me as Virginia Stone, but soon the whole world will know me as Sapphire. If you don’t know who I am, don’t worry about it. Nobody does, really. And that’s why I’m here tonight, to tell you a little bit about that.

I wasn’t always a fighter. I had to endure a lot of bullying in school for being a girl bigger than what the world thought the ideal girl should be, but I would call that more surviving than fighting. One time, I challenged some of my bullies to a fight, if they thought they were so big and bad and so damn perfect, but they all ran away and made me out like I was the bad guy who’d started it.

Since they weren’t willing to defend their point of view in a four-on-one fight, I decided they were full of shit and decided I should just do what I wanted to do. Was almost a college basketball star too, until I let them get under my skin, actually punched one out, and got expelled.”

Sapphire pauses here for a moment, takes a deep breath, then continues.

“Since that day, you’d better fuckin’ believe I’ve been a fighter. It’s how I survived the streets, since my parents didn’t want to let me stay in their house since I was this crazy, violent psychopath according to the papers and the internet. I did odd jobs, I stayed wherever I could--some nights, that was nowhere--fighting to keep myself afloat. Any spare money I got I pumped...

Heh...

...into a membership at a gym with a very understanding, tolerant woman named Kimberly as its manager and receptionist who would let me use the showers for a bit more than rinsing off. Not to mention a couple other things she looked the other way on...”

Sapphire trails off for a moment. Then she shakes her head a bit and jolts, as though shocked (or, more likely, as though someone out of shot said her name loudly to get her attention).

“The point is, the woman you see in front of you today, and the one who is going to tear up the opening match of the debut edition of Fallout, is here because of Kimberly, so if you’re watching, just know you have my gratitude.

Speaking of someone who has my gratitude, let’s move on to the bit where I talk about my opponents on Fallout.”

Sapphire had felt very earnest at the end of that last bit, thanking Kimberly for where she is. But all of a sudden she seems more stiff. This is the bit where she’s really doesn’t know what she’s doing.

“I can’t tell if her terror is genuine or not, but Angelica Vaughn has my gratitude. Whether she meant it or not, she complimented the hard work I’ve put in over the years, and if nothing else, she amused me with her references to me as Pokemon. What I said to her on Twitter--that I promise not to kill her, but not that she won’t wish I had--is not a lie, but it isn’t a threat, either. Not really.

When I said earlier I’ve been fighting to survive, I meant that. Literally. So I may turn out to be a terrible wrestler, but I know I’ve got the fighting chops, and these fists have landed on much larger people than Angelica. I don’t know how she’ll take those hits, but when she stops moving, I’ll stop hitting her.

And despite the fact that he hasn’t said anything, I am also grateful to Kotaro Gin. Is that Gin like the drink gin? Or a hard g like gain? Either way, he hasn’t spoken up, so that’s saved on time and made it so that I can focus on training. That helped me hone myself into even better shape for tomorrow night, so thanks for that, guy. You get the same deal as everybody else, and who knows? You’re billed to be around my size, but maybe you can’t take straight shots to the jaw that good? I guess we’ll find out tomorrow night.

You know, tomorrow’s matches are all triple threats, and ours is a basic one, so if I’m not mistaken, there shouldn’t be any disqualifications. So maybe I can introduce one or both of you to my favorite toy, one I think XHW will become rather familiar with in the coming weeks and months.”

Sapphire reaches out of shot for a moment, rummages around, then brings her hand back up into shot. On her fist, which had been bare a moment ago, she now sports a mean looking set of brass knuckles that have apparently been painted the color of her name.

“I wish I could have a set with sapphires for the punching surface, but that’s just way too expensive. No, this will have to do. My favorite set of brass knuckles. Not my first, but definitely my most presentable. Perhaps I can introduce them to someone’s face tomorrow night and win myself some Gold Bound points. We’ll see.”

Sapphire smiles at the camera, her right fist balled up and the brass knucks on display. “Well, I think that’s all I’ve got. Not a whole lot to say, really; I usually let these do the talking,” she says, patting her brass knucks with her other hand. “All I know is that I’m looking forward to tomorrow night, where I will be paid to do something most people get arrested for doing. And I hope everyone seeing this tunes in so I can keep doing it every week and keep getting paid, and keep not getting arrested.”

Sapphire just smiles at the screen after that until the scene fades to black.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fresh Start
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1